Fairfield House was built in 1793 on the shore of Lake Ontario. It is one of several wood frame houses that are still around from the Loyalist era. A member of the same family built a similar house on the lakeshore in Bath to the west of Amherstview. In 1959, the Fairfield House became the property of the Province of Ontario, which entrusted it to the St. Lawrence Parks Commission.
Fairfield House and Fairfield Park on Amherstview’s waterfront offer guided tours from Canada Day until Labour Day. Fairfield House and Fairfield Park are easy to find. Watch for the Gates marking the eastern end of the Loyalist Parkway