Building By-law and Permit Application Fees
The purpose of the Building By-law is to establish the rules governing construction, demolition and change of use permits. Building permit fees are assessed, in part, to fund review of the proposed building and inspection of building structure.
The Building By-law does the following:
- Established the classification of permit
- Establishes various fees pertaining to construction, demolition and change of use permits
- Establishes types of notices and inspection required Itemizes what information must be submitted with a building permit appliction
- Rules and procedures for processing applications, including incomplete applications; and
- Rules pertaining to the refund of fees
For further information please refer to the Building By-Law 2017-100.
Please note that there are certain minimum permit deposits due when submitting an application, depending on the permit type.