Amherst Island Wind Project - 2015 and Earlier
December: Workplan, Geotechnical Investigations
November: Traffic Management Plan
October 26: A report was presented to the regular Council meeting which summarized the results of three draft agreements received from Algonquin Power. These were the draft Haul Routes map, draft Road Use Agreement, and draft Community Benefit Agreement. All three were posted for public comment in September, and comments were accepted by the Township until Monday, October 19, 2015, at 4:30 pm.
October: Emergency Response and Communication Plan
September 8: The Association for the Protection of Amherst Island filed an appeal of the Renewable Energy Approval for the Windlectric project on Amherst Island.
August 24: The Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change issued a Renewable Energy Approval to Windlectric Inc. for a wind turbine project on Amherst Island.
July: Drawings Collector System (17 MB)
For information prior to 2015, please follow this link.
January 7: Status of Windlectric Inc. Renewable Energy Approval
Municipal Consultation Form
Letter to Windlectric Inc.
Letter to the Ministry of the Environment, copied to MPP for Lanark, Frontenac, Lennox & Addington
Letter to Premier Kathleen Wynne
October 22: At the regular meeting of Loyalist Township Council, the Director of Planning & Development presented a report outlining the actions that have been taken to date in Loyalist Township on the subject of renewable energy.
The report and its various appendices are linked here, in PDF format. Report, October 15, 2012 re: Past Municipal Actions - Renewable Energy
Appendix A, containing:
- August 20, 2008 Staff Report - Official Plan policies
- Official Plan Amendment No. 18
- Ministry of Municipal Affairs Approval letter - OPA No. 18
- Ministry of Municipal Affairs Approval letter - OPA No. 18 in force and effect
Appendix B, containing:
- October 10, 2008 letter of Reeve - Wind Turbine Noise & Health
- Staff Report (September 25, 2008), resolution and letter regarding Wind Turbine Noise and Health (October 14, 2008)
Appendix C, containing:
- February 23, 2009 Staff Report - Bill 150 (Green Energy & Green Economy Act) March 3, 2009 and
- March 27, 2009 Letter to Ministry re: Bill 150
- May 25, 2009 Staff Report - Green Energy Act - Bill 150 resolution and letter
Appendix D, containing:
- June 29, 2009 Staff Report - Draft Content of Renewable Energy Approval Regulations
- July 2, 2009 Staff Report - Ministry of Natural Resources - Draft Approval and Permitting Requirements Document for Renewable Energy Projects
- Council resolutions on the above
- Letter ro Ministry of Environment dated July 20, 2009
- October 14, 2009 Staff Report regarding approved Renewable Energy Approvals Regulation (359/09);
- November 25, 2009 Staff Report regarding proposed OPA rules relative to Feed-in Tariff
- Letter and Resolution related to November 25, 2009 report
- September 10, 2010 Staff Report re: Offshore Wind Additional Area
- Resolution and letter related to September 10, 2010 report
Appendix E, containing:
- Resolution of Prince Edward County
- Resolution of Grey Highlands
- Resolution of Town of Thessalon
- Resolution of Wollaston Township
- Resolution of Mulmur Township
- Resolution of Municipality of Clarington
Appendix F, containing:
- June 29, 2010 Staff Report - Rules for Offshore Turbines
- Letter and resolution related to June 29, 2010 report
- September 10, 2010 Staff Report on Ernestown Windpark Inc.
- Council resolution and letter regarding September 10, 2010 report
Appendix G, containing:
- February 20, 2012 Staff Report on Possible Opportunity for Changes to REA
- Council resolution and letter related to February 29, 2012 report
Appendix H, containing:
- Delegation - John Harrison and Flicker Effect
- Resolution and letter resulting from Harrison delegation
- September 28, 2012 Staff Report on Wind Turbines in Proximity to Amherst Island Public School
October 9: Council received correspondence from Amherst Island property owners (variously dated from March – July 2012) regarding the proposed Amherst Island Wind Project and directed that letters opposing the project (33 individual letters and summary of 116 ‘form’ letters) and one (1) letter of support be sent to Windlectric/Algonquin Power, the Minister of the Environment and the Minister of Energy. A draft report, re assessment of social and economic impacts of the proposed project, was also received. Council thanks all residents and property owners who wrote to Council expressing their views on this issue. See attached document for more details.