Fourth Line Fellows Cemetery
Fourth Line (Fellows) Cemetery is located beside 6389 County Road 2 and is one of the oldest European cemeteries in the Township.
Fourth Line is a medium sized former United Church cemetery established as a free burying ground. It had the distinction of serving the oldest Methodist congregation in Upper Canada (1792 - 1967). The church itself was remodeled in 1875 and closed in 1967. During demolition in 1982, the memorial window was preserved and is the property of the Lennox & Addington County Museum.
The cemetery has approximately 200 graves with the earliest grave record dating back to 1805. Transcriptions and photographs of all visible headstones can be found at the Cemetery Project.
In addition, the Ontario Genealogical Society has published a cemetery transcript "Ernestown Fifteen Cemeteries" which is available for purchase.
A large memorial plaque is situated on the footprint of the demolished former church.