McIntyre (Bells) Cemetery
McIntyre Bell's Cemetery is located near the northwest corner of the intersection of County Road 7 and McIntyre's Road. It is set back from the road, at the rear of the old schoolhouse property.
In the early 1800's, a wooden framed Dutch Reformed Presbyterian church stood near this site. It became a Presbyterian church in about 1828 and two acres of land were set aside for a cemetery.
The church was still standing in the 1860's and it is believed that dozens of the early settlers are buried here.
In time the cemetery was abandoned. The stones have been gone for many years although one for Andrew Bartels, aged 10, was found by workmen while clearing the grounds in preparation for fencing the cemetery. This is the only stone to survive.
The following people are thought to be buried here:
John Bell, d. 1853
Cyrus E. Bell, d. 1844
Samuel G. Bell, d. 1848
Cornelius Sharp, d. 1863
Andrew Bartels, d. 1839
Ontario Genealogical Society