Loyalist Township Corporate Reorganization
After much thoughtful consideration, Loyalist Township Council has undertaken a reorganization of the Township’s corporate structure, to improve efficiency and to enable Township staff to continue to deliver the services our residents rely on as the Township grows and changes.
Prior to the reorganization, the Township had six distinct departments: the Clerk’s Department, Finance, Infrastructure Services, Emergency Services, Planning & Development Services, and Recreation Services. Following the implementation of the reorganization, which took effect on August 16, 2019, the new organizational structure consists of five departments as follows:
- Corporate Services (formerly the Clerk’s Department)
- Business Services (formerly Finance)
- Emergency Services (no change)
- Community & Customer Services
- Economic Growth & Community Development Services
- Community & Customer Services incorporates the Recreation division, Facilities Maintenance division, and Public Works division (roads, transit, solid waste, etc.). The Director of Community & Customer Services is Lorie McFarland.
- Economic Growth & Community Development Services includes the Engineering division, Utilities division (water & sanitary), and Development division (planning and building). The Director of Economic Growth & Community Development Services is Marie-Jose (M.J.) Merritt.
The staff directory on the Loyalist Township website reflects the new organizational structure and can be found here.