Loyalist Township has 2 waste disposal sites:
Violet Waste Disposal Site
1346 Violet Rd., Odessa
Open - Tues. to Thurs. 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Payment at Violet Landfill is cash or debit only
Open 4 Saturdays in 2019: June 22, August 24, September 28, October 26
Saturday business hours are 8:00 am to 3:00 pm
Amherst Island Waste Disposal Site
145 Dump Rd., Amherst Island
Open Wed. - 11:00 am to 2:00 pm
Sat. - 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
Sun. - 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Payment at Amherst Island landfill is cash only
Tipping fees apply to loose garbage, and to bagged garbage that does not have a bag tag.
Tipping fees: $125.00 per tonne, with a $15.00 minimum charge per visit.
Tire Disposal: $3 per car tire (up to and including 16" rim diameter); $6 per truck or tractor tire (exceeding 16" rim diameter)
We encourage residents to dispose of old tires through tire distributors when purchasing new tires.
Looking for information on Free Large Item Disposal Opportunities (FLIDO)?
Materials NOT accepted at Landfill Sites
Loyalist Township landfills are not licensed to accept the following items:
- All recyclable items as defined by the Kingston Area Recycling Centre (KARC)
- Drywall and other gypsum products
- Vinyl siding and vinyl products
- Bricks, concrete blocks and other concrete masonry products
- Manufactured wood products (chip board, etc.)
- Building and construction waste
- Logs, stumps and brush
- Hazardous waste as defined by KARC
- Medical and dental waste
- Lawn and garden waste
Most building materials can be disposed of through companies in the Yellow Pages, under "Waste - Waste Management".