Change of Mailing Address or Ownership
To make a change to the ownership, name or mailing address on your property tax bills, the Township requires documentation in support of the change. See below for details of documentation required to update your account:
- Death of a spouse or other registered owner: copy of registered document (i.e. survivorship application) transferring title, as provided from your lawyer.
- Property conveyed by court order in divorce or civil action: copy of registered document transferring title, as provided from your lawyer.
- Name change (personal): copy of a registered document changing name, as provided by your lawyer.
- Addition of other property owner(s): copy of registered document transferring title, as provided by your lawyer.
- Purchased property: copy of registered Land Transfer Tax Affidavit, or other registered document transferring title, as provided by your lawyer.
- Legal name change (corporate): copy of updated Corporate Profile or registered Articles of Amendment.
- Mailing address change or correction must be made in writing.
Please send your information to us:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 613-386-3833
- Regular mail or in person:
Loyalist Township – Tax Department
P.O. Box 70
263 Main Street
Odessa, ON K0H 2H0
If you are selling your property and have received the tax bill, please either forward to new owner or return it to the tax department together with a note of sale date and new owner. If you were registered for our pre-authorized payment plan, please write us to request cancellation.