A tax certificate is a statement of outstanding property taxes, which is usually requested by lawyers at the closing of a real estate transaction. The vendors' or purchasers' lawyer can apply for a Tax Certificate from Taxation Services. The tax certificate fee is $50.00 per roll number.
Tax certificate requests
• By mail: Letters requesting a tax certificate must include the fee. Mail to Property Taxes, PO Box 70, 263 Main Street, Odessa, ON, K0H 2H0
• Tax Certificates will be provided by fax within 10 business days of the request (excluding weekends and holidays). Original will follow by mail.
• Look up a tax roll number and get current tax levies (not account balances).
• For verbal confirmation of tax roll numbers, assessed owners' names, and current tax levies, please call our customer service at 613-386-7351 ext.119 during office hours.
• New owner updates to the tax roll are completed upon the tax office receiving copies of registered transfers confirming new ownership.