Draft Water & Sewer Rates Consultation
Loyalist Township is undertaking a review of our water and wastewater user rates and charges. The Township entered into an agreement with Hemson Consulting Ltd. to complete a water financial plan in order to meet its drinking water license requirement under Ontario regulation 453/07. Hemson presented the draft results of the water and sewer rates study to Council on July 29, 2019.
Report SR-1083 provides an overview of the draft results of the water and sewer rates study.
A well-developed rate structure will support water and wastewater services, be fair to all customer groups, and clarify to users how these essential services are funded.
There are three major components to the study:
- Reviewing connection (impost) charges, including both a growth and existing capacity component (growth and club fee)
- Reviewing user rates and impacts of various scenarios to update the fixed to consumption ratio or to implement a new structure
- Establishing drinking water and wastewater financial plans
As a result of the presentation of draft rates and scenarios presented on July 29, 2019, it was resolved by Council to seek public consultation on the user rates and the following two scenarios:
- Status Quo – retain the same rates structure at 60:40 constant fixed/consumption revenue recovery, but at lower annual rate increases compared to prior study; and
- Transition over planning period to an eventual 40:60 constant fixed/consumption revenue recovery
Additionally, further analysis was completed for multi-residential properties and its actual equivalent residential units.
All meetings held in Council Chambers at the Odessa Municipal Office:
|Presentation to development community by Hemson Consulting to obtain comments on the calculated connection (impost) fees.
- Draft Connection Charges - Developer Consultation Presentation
- Draft Growth Capital Projects
|Public Open House at Municipal Office, to provide an overview of the study process and details on the draft results presented to Council. Presentation by Hemson Consulting included. All public comments & feedback to be provided by October 4, 2019.
- Draft User Rates - Public Consultation Presentation
- Draft User Rates (non-growth) Historical Budget and Forecast Costs by Area
|Update to Council on results of consultations. Council to provide direction on final connection fees and user rates.|
|Presentation of final by-laws.|
For more information about the draft study, please call 613-386-7351, ext. 154, or email email@example.com.
Back Yard Hen Public Consultation
Loyalist Township does not currently have a by-law regulating the ownership of back yard chickens, hens/other birds. With the growing popularity of owning backyard hens and the inquiries the Township receives, the Township is investigating an array of options to regulate backyard hens. Public consultation was undertaken throughout July and August, 2019, by means of a survey and with engagement sessions in Odessa, Amherstview, and Bath.
The results of the survey will be presented to Loyalist Township Council in October, 2019. Please continue to watch this page throughout the month of October for more information. If you have any questions please call 613-386-7351, ext. 120/121, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.