Loyalist Township currently maintains twenty-five bridges, of which twelve are located on County of Lennox and Addington roads and thirteen are on Township roads.
In accordance with the Public Transportation and Highway Improvement Act, all bridges are inspected every two years. Based on the results of the inspections, repairs or full reconstruction may be scheduled. In addition, bridges receive general maintenance including sweeping and washing in the spring. At five-year intervals bridges are sprayed with a protective coating which retards the corrosive action of road salt and the elements.
Loyalist Township is home to two "pony truss" bridges, including Rogers Bridge, which was constructed in 1910, and Denyes Bridge, built in 1914. There are few remaining examples of this type of bridge in Ontario. These two bridges, due to their age and design, have load limits that restrict the weight of vehicles passing over the bridge.