Call Before You Dig
Call Before You Dig
Are you planning to dig a garden, landscape or fence your lot, excavate a patio or pool area, upgrade your driveway, repair your home's foundation, or add a porch, deck, or room to your home?
Please call Ontario One Call Ltd. before you dig, and take advantage of the free utility locate service.
Digging or excavating could damage the network of water and sewer pipes, gas lines, telephone lines, hydro cables, or cable television lines that may extend through your property and be located near the surface of your lot.
Damage to pipes or a utility line can place your home and neighbourhood in danger. It can disrupt utility service to you or your neighbours if the system must be shut down to repair the damage. Property owners or their contractors who cause damage are liable for the cost of repair, and could incur a costly lawsuit if adjacent property is damaged or someone is injured as a result. Under Ontario law, it is illegal to dig without having natural gas lines located.
Free Locate Service
- Call Ontario One Call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for free locate of all services: 800-400-2255; or
- Visit them on the web: www.on1call.com
- Call at least five full business days before you plan to dig.
- Ontario One Call will relay your locate request and information to Loyalist Township, as well as other participating member utilities. You will be provided with a timely, free locate of the underground infrastructure, so you can complete your job safely.
Loyalist Township Services Covered by Calling Ontario One Call
By filing a locate request through Ontario One Call, you will be provided with locate information for the following:
- Sanitary Sewer
- Traffic Light/Streetlight Wiring
- Fibre Optics (Utilities Kingston)
Other infrastructure owners, such as Hydro One, Bell Canada, and Union Gas will also be contacted and provide information based on your proposed excavation.