2019 Official Plan Review
Ontario's Planning Act requires municipalities to conduct an Official Plan review every five years and revise/update the Plan accordingly to ensure that the Official Plan is consistent with the latest provincial policies and Provincial Plans. The review process also provides the opportunity to adapt the Official Plan to changing planning realities (such as climate change) in the Township and to ensure conformity with the County of Lennox and Addington Official Plan. This review began in 2016.
The Township held three Open Houses in June, 2019, to gather community input. Substantive revisions have been made to address the comments received from the public and agencies.
The Council of Loyalist Township has scheduled a Public Meeting to consider a proposed comprehensive amendment update to Loyalist Township’s Official Plan, in accordance with Section 17(15) of the Planning Act, on Monday, March 23, 2020 at 6:00 pm at the Loyalist Township Administrative Office located at 263 Main Street, Odessa.
The full draft updated Official Plan can be found at the following links.
Notice of Public Meeting on March 23, 2020
Draft By-law for Official Plan Amendment - March 2020
Draft Official Plan - Red-line version
Staff Report - Proposed Official Plan Consent Policis - November 12, 2019 Council Meeting
Summary of Official Plan Public Comments - September 2019
Staff Report - Official Plan Comprehensive Review - April 23, 2019 Council Meeting
- Schedule A - Land Use Plan
- Schedule B - Environmental and Resource Constraint Overlay
- Schedule C - Land use Plan Amherstview-Parrotts Bay
- Schedule C1 - Environmental Overlay Amherstview-Parrotts Bay
- Schedule D - Land Use Plan Bath-Millhaven
- Schedule D1 - Environmental Overlay Bath-Millhaven
- Schedule E - Land Use Plan Odessa
- Schedule E1 - Environmental Overlay Odessa
- Schedule F - Natural Hazards Overlay
- Schedule G - Transportation
- Schedule H - Heritage Conservation District
- Schedule I - Trail System
- Schedule J - Select Bedrock Overlay
- Schedule K - Significant Groundwater Recharge - Vulnerable Aquifer Overlay
Information is also available for inspection Monday to Friday between the hours of 8:30 am to 4:30 pm at the Township’s office at 18 Manitou Crescent West, Amherstview, Ontario, K7N 1S3. Appointments are strongly encouraged.
If you wish to be notified of the decision of Loyalist Township on the proposed Official Plan, you must make a written request to:
Debbie Chapman, Township Clerk
263 Main Street, P.O. Box 70 Odessa, Ontario K0H 2H0
Enquiries can be directed to:
- Bohdan Wynnyckyj, Development Services Manager, 613-386-7351 x144
- Andrea Furniss, Planning Services Supervisor, 613-386-7351 x208
- Email: email@example.com