Information regarding yard sales
Although not prohibited, yard sales must be operated following the same guidelines in place for retail stores. A suggested alternative to yard sales is posting items for sale in an online marketplace such as Facebook or Kijiji.
General compliance is as follows:
- The person responsible for a business or organization that is open shall ensure that the business or organization operates in accordance with all applicable laws, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the regulations made under it.
- The person responsible for a business or organization that is open shall operate the business or organization in compliance with the advice, recommendations and instructions of public health officials, including any advice, recommendations or instructions on physical distancing, cleaning or disinfecting.
- The person responsible for a business that is open to the public, or an organization responsible for a facility that is open to the public, shall ensure that the place of business or facility is operated to enable members of the public in the place of business or facility to, to the fullest extent possible, maintain a physical distance of at least two metres from other persons.
- Subsection (3) does not require the business or facility to be operated in such a way as to enable physical distancing of persons who have arrived at the business or facility together.
- The person responsible for a business or place that is open shall ensure that any washrooms made available to the public are cleaned and disinfected as frequently as is necessary to maintain a sanitary environment.
For complete information on Public Health guidelines for retailers, visit the KFL&A Public Health website.