Mandatory Face Coverings
Effective 12:01 a.m., June 27, 2020 Dr. Kieran Moore, Medical Officer of Health for KFL&A Public Health has ordered all persons who own or operate a commercial or municipal establishment in the KFL&A area to:
- Prohibit Persons from entering the premises of the Commercial Establishment or remaining in the premises if the said Person is not wearing a Face Covering. The Face Covering must be worn inside the Establishment at all times, unless it is reasonably required to temporarily remove the Face Covering for services provided by the Establishment. A Person shall be exempt from wearing a Face Covering on the premises if:
- The Person is a child under the age of two years; or a child under the age of 5 years either chronologically or developmentally and he or she refuses to wear a face covering and cannot be persuaded to do so by their caregiver;
- Wearing a Face Covering would inhibit the Person’s ability to breathe in any way;
- For any other medical reason, the Person cannot safely wear a Face Covering such as, but not limited to, respiratory disease, cognitive difficulties or difficulties in hearing or processing information.
- Ensure the availability of alcohol-based hand rub at all entrances and exits for the use of all Persons entering or exiting the Establishment
Please see the full Order of the KFL&A Medical Officer of Health for detailed information.