Planning & Engineering
Municipal Infrastructure Projects
To minimize risks to our residents and workforce during the COVID19 emergency, only the following critical municipal infrastructure construction projects planned within existing residential areas will move forward during the state of emergency: • Edgewood Rd / Compton Ct (west of Amherstview) storm sewer system • Annual gravel road maintenance program • 2020 road surface treatment program • Amherst Island 2017/ 2019 flood damage repair to shore roads (will depend on Lake level) This is in addition to any essential works undertaken by the County of Lennox and Addington and by the Ministry of Transportation. We are continuing to work on the design and tendering for all other projects so we are ready to carry on once the emergency is lifted. Construction may begin later than usual or may need to be delayed until 2021, but this will depend on availability of labour, material, equipment and whether we can ensure that Township staff and our contractor partners can safely work during the COVID-19 pandemic. We thank you for your patience during this time. For further updates, please visit our COVID19 webpage.
We continue to accept and process new planning applications. (minor variances, severances, other Planning Act applications). Statutory public meetings continue to be held during Loyalist Township Council meetings through utilizing the zoom online conferencing technology. Committee of Adjustment meetings are also continuing through the zoom technology.
- Consultations will take place by phone or email, or in person at the Manitou office by appointment only.
- Application submission can be submitted by email, postal mail, or dropped off at one of the Township's drop box locations.
Applications can also be dropped off in the lobby of the Loyalist Township office in Amherstview (@18 Manitou Cres West) during regular hours (Monday-Thursday 8:15am-4:30pm, Friday 8:15am-12:15pm). There is a limit to the number of customers that can enter the building at any given time, so please follow the posted signs for instructions.
- If large drawings or reports must be submitted in hard copy, this may be done by courier. The courier must call the reception desk at the Manitou Crescent office, 613-386-7351, ext. 170, to be pre-screened before coming to the office.
- Staff will review the application and respond to the applicant by phone or email.
- The application fee is to be paid by cheque and can be dropped at 18 Manitou Crescent West during regular office hours. Please follow postage signage for instructions. Receipts will be emailed.
If you have questions about a severance or minor variance, please email the Planning Technician or call 613-386-7351, ext. 124. For other planning applications please email the Approvals Planner or call Ext. 129. Information on how to submit a new application is available on our website.
Engineering and Planning Pre-consultation Meetings
- Applicants will be asked to submit as much detail as possible regarding their proposal, by email to the Approvals Planner.
- Details will be forwarded to staff and outside agencies for preliminary review before a telephone or video conference is scheduled.
- The pre-consultation will be done by teleconference. For simple applications, this may be done via email.
- A set of minutes will be prepared and circulated.