Alert - COVID-19 Updates

Read More

Loyalist Township

Current Weather
Change Font Size A A
Emergency Services

Animal Control, Livestock Claims and Rodent Control and Prevention

Animal Control and Dog Licencing 

All dog owners are required to purchase a dog tag each year for each dog they own or keep on their property.  The Township has contracted  Frontenac Municipal Law Enforcement as animal control officers for the municipality.

Livestock Claims 

If you have livestock and/or poultry that has been killed or injured to certain animal predators, you are entitled to seek compensation under the Ontario Wildlife Damage Compensation Program. Livestock and poultry producers can make claims to their local municipality to try and recoup losses.

Rodent Control and Prevention 

Whether you own property or rent, live or work in Loyalist Township, everyone has a role in rodent prevention. Rodent proofing your home and property is the most important factor to prevent and control these pests.


The Townships By-law enforcement does not provide services to deal with wildlife.  If there is an immediate threat because of wildlife please call 911.

To deal with or remove wildlife please call The Ministry of Natural Resources at 613-531-5700 or for further information visit the Ministry of Natural Resources website