Alert - COVID-19 Updates

Read More

Loyalist Township

Current Weather
Change Font Size A A
Emergency Services

Livestock Claims

If you have livestock and/or poultry that has been killed or injured to certain animal predators, you are entitled to seek compensation under the Ontario Wildlife Damage Compensation Program.

Livestock and poultry producers can make claims to their local municipality to try and recoup losses.

The Municipal Clerk's Department processes claims for killed or injured livestock caused by wildlife as outlined in the Ontario Wildlife Damage Compensation Program. Provincial regulations establish maximum amounts of compensation.

If you believe you have lost livestock or poultry because of a predator, contact the Clerks Department within 48 hours at 613-386-7351 ext. 120. If the animal is deceased, leave the area as you found it until a livestock valuer can attend the site to investigate.