Community Grant Opportunities
Loyalist Township acknowledges the efforts of the local volunteer community and believes that many services, events or projects are best provided through the volunteer efforts of local community organizations.
Community Grant funding demonstrates Council's commitment to working with community organizations without eroding their strength and independence and encourages organizations to work toward financial self sufficiency.
The Community Grant program provides financial assistance to not-for-profit, volunteer community organizations to provide direct services, events or programs to the benefit of the residents of Loyalist Township.
Some of the funding categories include:
- Recreation/Leisure is defined as those organizations offering athletic or leisure opportunities not offered by the Municipality
- Civic is defined as those organizations providing events or services promoting the Municipality which could be expected to bring economic and/or public relations benefits to the Municipality.
- Social is defined as those organizations offering a specific service (other than recreational/leisure) to residents of the Municipality, which is not considered to be the responsibility of another level of government.
Grants may be provided to eligible applicants as defined above, for:
- General operating and capital expenses up to a $1,000 maximum
- Activities/events generally occurring within the municipal boundaries
- For programs, activities and events addressing a community need or contributing to the positive image of the municipality.
Applications are available from the Odessa Municipal Office or online at www.loyalist.ca. Completed applications are due by DECEMBER 1st each year to be eligible for consideration in the annual budget process. Late submissions will be accepted pending the availablility of funds.
Please review the Grant Policy for complete rules and regulations.
2020 Community Grant Application
The Community Foundation for Lennox & Addington was established in 1987 as the Napanee District Community Foundation, and is dedicated to serving and improving the quality of life in all the County of Lennox & Addington. For more information on the Foundation and their grants program, please visit their website.
Community grants are also available through the Community Foundation for Kingston & Area, which was incorporated in 1995. Please visit their website at www.cfka.org for further information on grants offered and eligibility requirements.